How will I achieve my PGCE and QTS?
Applicants should have:
- Entry requirements for courses leading to QTS are determined by the ITT Accreditation criteria available through the Department for Education. *The University of Derby has co designed and accredited the curriculum and will recommend QTS and the University of Greenwich will make the academic award.
- A good honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university or an equivalent qualification.
- For entry on to any Initial Teacher Education (ITE) course, there is a minimum requirement nationally of a Grade C (Grade 4) or above in English Language, science, and mathematics at GCSE). There are a range of equivalencies, and you should check with the School Direct admissions team.
- Candidates are also required to demonstrate suitability to teach through an interview which assesses personal and academic qualities, use of Standard English, and health and physical capacity to teach.
- DBS and Health check required.