We strive to ensure high achievement and a happy educational experience for every child.
Our vision for our pupils is
Developing independence and responsibility
Inspiring high achievement for all
Learning to contribute to the community
Knowing how to stay safe and healthy
Enjoying life and learning
Showing care and tolerance of others
We believe the fostering of positive relationships between all involved (pupils, parents, staff and governors) is essential to enable each child to achieve the above, irrespective of race, culture, gender or individual needs.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
We aim to help pupils to:-
- develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks, and physical skills;
- acquire knowledge and skills relevant to life in a rapidly changing world
- use language and number skills effectively;
- appreciate and understand religions and moral values and show tolerance for other races, religions and ways of life;
- understand the world in which they live, and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations;
- appreciate human achievements and aspirations;
Implicit in our view of the curriculum is the fact that we believe everything that goes on within the school, whether inside or outside the classroom, forms part of the curriculum. A summary of our curriculum follows, for further information click on the heading:
History: Pupils explore, discover and investigate developments from British, European and World History, following our own personalised schemes of work.
Geography: Pupils develop knowledge, skill and understanding related to people, places and environments at different scales in the UK and overseas, following our own personalised schemes of work.
History and Geography Overview
Physical Education Overview
Art: In Art the children explore the history of artists and a range of mediums. Pupils learn about visual, tactile expression and communication.
Design and Technology: Pupils lessons combine practical skills with an understanding of aesthetics, social and environmental issues, functions and industry.